XFCE + Wayland

No because Xfce doesn't have Wayland support yet.
You can try and see if it works under Wayland through Wayland using Xwayland but probably a high chance that it won't work with that either. If you want to use Wayland your better options are KDE Plasma or Gnome.

No because Xfce doesn't have Wayland support yet.
You can try and see if it works under Wayland through Wayland using Xwayland but probably a high chance that it won't work with that either. If you want to use Wayland your better options are KDE Plasma or Gnome.
Linux Mint 21.2 will be Wayland when XFCE comes out.

Linux Mint 21.2 will be Wayland when XFCE comes out.
If it does it will be using Xwayland and you will still have the option to switch to an X11 session.

@f33dm3bits

Is the xwayland version of XFCE released?
Xwayland is just a way to run X11 applications under a Wayland session, once Xfce comes out with a version that supports Wayland they will have implemented Xwayland to for backwards compatibility because not all apps support Wayland yet.

já temos nos repositorios aur a versao 4.19 modo desemvolvedor

@leogoinha , English only, please.

Welcome to linux.org

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

já temos nos repositorios aur a versao 4.19 modo desemvolvedor
In English, the word "no" means there will be "not available". It means "available" in your language :D. For example, I didn't see it written in French at first, I meant "There will be no Wayland in XFCE" :D.

I am Turkish.

In English, the word "no" means there will be "not available". It means "available" in your language :D. For example, I didn't see it written in French at first, I meant "There will be no Wayland in XFCE" :D.

I am Turkish.
Sorry, Galiban. I meant: we already have in the aur repositories the 4.19 developer mode version, in Arch Linux.

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

Sorry, Galiban. I meant: we already have in the aur repositories the 4.19 developer mode version, in Arch Linux.

View attachment 16116
Unfortunately, I'm not used to the Arch side. I found Xubuntu Core 22.10 version on the internet a long time ago. It's very good with Ubuntu advantage and using 300MB Ram at idle. I've been using it for months.

It works with performance. Using Unity3D and Android Emulator with 3.2 GB Ram is a great thing.
Doesn't compromise on speed

Last edited:

Members online