Help to choiche a distro Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franzzz

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone, I'm new to the Linux world but despite this I've already tried 5 different distros looking for the right one. In fact I tried Ubuntu, Opensuse, Mint and Pop Os but I always had problems with overheating and fan noise. My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 5 pro with a ryzen 7 7735hs and a radeon 680m. In all these distros I have always had problems, for example when I used discord and transmitted my screen the laptop overheated and the fans made a lot of noise or it often happens even with videos on YouTube. Today for example I was reading a pdf on Pop Os and I think that while the store was doing some updates, however after a while I realized that the PC was really hot around 60/65 degrees (maybe even 70) then when I killed the process and it cooled down.
But I don't understand how with such a simple operation of updating and reading a very light PDF it can heat up so much also because on Windows it would have carried out these activities without going under any strain, remaining with the fans off and with a temperature around 35/40 degrees . I honestly don't understand why. I think I'm the only unfortunate person having these problems because I would really like to learn Linux. To be precise, these problems do not exist in the slightest on Windows, in fact with the Microsoft operating system the computer is very cool, the vents are totally turned off and it maintains a temperature of 35/40 degrees and only heats up with really heavy operations such as gaming . I hope you can help me, have a good day. P.S now I'll look for another distro (maybe I'll try Manjaro also if I know it's not recommended for newbies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.