no sound

noelw

Reaction score
Credits
I appear to have lost sound on my little imac. All shows up ok but even the test sound buttons do not produce anything. Any ideas good people.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-05-08 17-23-29.png
    Screenshot from 2024-05-08 17-23-29.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 44

Did this happen directly following an update? if so you could try re-starting the sound server

Did this happen directly following an update? if so you could try re-starting the sound server
No particular reason for this one, just deceided to stop. Pls tell me how to restart the sound server. Thanks.

that will depend on which sound server you have, from terminal run inxi -A and paste back the result, i may not be around till later but one ot our other members may pick up on it

that will depend on which sound server you have, from terminal run inxi -A and paste back the result, i may not be around till later but one ot our other members may pick up on it
sound now works but bluetooth is now inoperable

Running inxi -A should have not had any effect on making sound work.......something else is at play here.

Are these bluetooth speakers ?

Running inxi -A should have not had any effect on making sound work.......something else is at play here.

Are these bluetooth speakers ?
No, but my wife got a bluetooth speaker for the TV so I tried it on the imac first. Went crazy after. Sound comes and goes. Bluetooth not there at all. Timeshift might sort it.

Try timeshift.......good luck

all good this am. update, latest kernel, happened again, no sound, no bluetooth.

Sorry I forgot to hit the reply button on the stuff below....I typed it at 4.30 AM this morning....I was a bit bleary eyed !

It would appear that the drama here is the kernel.

Change back to the previous kernel.

That's good news.

your pc will put up Updates which may have been wiped out by Timeshift. Write them down. Depending on how far back the snapshot was, there should not be too many.
Type the names in here. That may help identify which one the culprit was.

I timeshifted again and all good. When this kernel pops up in updates i will post it. I will not download it. Bit of a bugger but these things are sent to try us.

and here it is

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-05-09 06-54-05.png
    Screenshot from 2024-05-09 06-54-05.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Sorry I forgot to hit the reply button on the stuff below....I typed it at 4.30 AM this morning....I was a bit bleary eyed !

It would appear that the drama here is the kernel.

Change back to the previous kernel.

That's good news.

your pc will put up Updates which may have been wiped out by Timeshift. Write them down. Depending on how far back the snapshot was, there should not be too many.
Type the names in here. That may help identify which one the culprit was.
When this happened on the first occasion yesterday i reverted back but it made no difference. All good at the moment

right click on that kernel and choose to ignore future updates for it

This at 7.04am.... All good at the moment

it is now 7.51am......what took place between then and now

This at 7.04am.... All good at the moment

it is now 7.51am......what took place between then and now
turned

pc off,went to a gp appointment, came home and turned it back on and alas, gone again

Staff online