PDF file.

InvaderSumo

Reaction score
Credits
So I have a 600-page long pdf file. I need to check all pages for spelling errors. Is there a program that does this automatically???

I am asking because this is a project. Maybe someone knows of some type of script that will rewrite these pages for me? if so that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Nothing beats good ol fashioned manual intervention. But if you must, there are many AI options out there that do this very thing.

ChatGPT may offer the ability to upload documents on it's premium service; or, if you have the equipment you could self host OpenWebUI and deploy it with something like OllamaLLM and upload your document locally and tell it to scout for grammatical errors.

Even that option will require manual intervention as you'll have to make any corrections yourself, but the AI could easily help you locate any problems with the document.

The simplest solution is probably to use pdftotext from poppler-utils to extract the text, and then use an existing command line spell-checker (spell, ispell, aspell, etc...) to check it.
Note that if you are generating the PDF, you are probably better off checking the source of that generation, as words are liable to be bro- ken by being formatted in a PDF.

Just make sure poppler-utils is installed pdftotext is part of that

Nothing beats good ol fashioned manual intervention. But if you must, there are many AI options out there that do this very thing.

ChatGPT may offer the ability to upload documents on it's premium service; or, if you have the equipment you could self host OpenWebUI and deploy it with something like OllamaLLM and upload your document locally and tell it to scout for grammatical errors.

Even that option will require manual intervention as you'll have to make any corrections yourself, but the AI could easily help you locate any problems with the document.
yeah you're right, I stuck to the manual, Also A.I is kind of creepy. Didn't you see the two facebook ai bots talking about how they'd put all humans in human cages in a human zoo? lmao not only that, the two facebook bots created their own language then completely vanished into the internet no where to be found after that, the bots just went offline. Y'all can have all the AI's yall want lmaoo ai is evil bro

yeah you're right, I stuck to the manual, Also A.I is kind of creepy. Didn't you see the two facebook ai bots talking about how they'd put all humans in human cages in a human zoo? lmao not only that, the two facebook bots created their own language then completely vanished into the internet no where to be found after that, the bots just went offline. Y'all can have all the AI's yall want lmaoo ai is evil bro

lol just remember, AI is only as evil as it's user. Unless it's corporate AI (cough, meta/google, cough) in which case they're building skynet.

Time to double down on the PrivateAI front. We need good AI to combat the skynet AI before we all end up harvested by AI for AI lol

So I have a 600-page long pdf file. I need to check all pages for spelling errors. Is there a program that does this automatically???
You can use calibre book manager to convert PDF to other format that's spellcheck-able and then do spellchecking on the output file.

Latest posts