Almost completed Imran Afzal's course on udemy about Linux but I can't do anything.

Reaction score
Credits
I'm through 70% of that course. I can understand basic stuffs like touch for creating file, cd, mkdir, etc and small stuffs like that. But when I have to do stuffs like Creating backups, creating lvms, creating partitions and big stuffs like this.
What should be my approach?
PS I also feel I don't understand the why behind these things, probably because my knowledge of Operating System class is rusty. Is there a course to brush my OS with Linux?
I feel like it'd immensely help me if I get some solved exercises where I first try without looking at solution and later see the solution if I'm unable to solve them.
My objective of learning this is for a junior linux admin role.

I would first contact the course writer that you aren't happy with what you have learned so far compared to what you expected to learn from their course. I would go with a course that would prepare you for the RCHSA exam, from what I've read this is a good author. So one of these books:
I would go for the Rhel9 one since it covers the most recent Rhel version.

Last edited:
I've Contacted the course creator! I need exercises and labs, would that book be good?
Did you read the full desciption of what the book contains on amazon?

Learn, prepare, and practice for Red Hat RHCSA 9 (EX200) exam success with this Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT Certification learning.

• Master Red Hat RHCSA 9 EX200 exam topics
  • Assess your knowledge with chapter-ending quizzes and labs
  • Review key concepts with exam-preparation tasks
  • Practice with four unique practice tests
  • Learn from two full hours of video training from the author’s Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) RHEL 9 Complete Video Course
Red Hat RHCSA 9 Cert Guide: EX200 is a comprehensive exam study guide. Leading Linux consultant, author, and instructor Sander van Vugt shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. The material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.

The book presents you with an organized test-preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy, and chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill deep on key concepts you must know thoroughly to pass the exam. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan.

The companion website also contains two additional practice tests plus two full hours of personal video training from the author’s Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) RHEL 9 Complete Video Course.

Well regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.

Last edited:

Members online