Am I right about beeing afraid about AGI?

tinfoil-hat

Reaction score
Credits
I feel Humanity behaves like a child, playing with an Atombomb. Will we see Skynet or an Utopia? Or something in between? Would you create off grid computers? According to Elon Musk several years ago, Humans will need to merge with AI or go extinct. I thought he was over the top, but the technology envolves at such a high speed, it's frightening

Don't be afraid, the rich of the world will never let AI to take over. The future holds a scoring system like the one in China and full digital transactions to make sure that none escape poverty without permission from above. Your overlords will be humans no worry, AI will be just their tool

I suppose this is technically 'sociology' and not 'politics'.

I will make a friendly reminder that politics is off topic. This is approaching that.

EDIT: I should mention that another moderator may view this as having passed that line. They'll likely be just as friendly about it, however.

Well, AI is not really AI. At this point this is just very fast database and still missing at this. I am scientist and AI at this stage may be useful for social sciences (scaring people) but "I" is still missing.
You can find a lot about this missing "I" part in AI.
Musk is very successful bisinessman but that is all (which is great of course).

Currently I don't see this as viable alternative (menace) for humanity. It will became more and more an annoyance as it's development conentrates on standard social behavior. Not "I" development.

Last edited:
I don't fear that AI will take over in some sort of "Skynet" scenario. I fear that the powers that control it use it so much that society, over time, will be conditioned to believe and follow that AI as if it were some sort of god. If the AI advises you to do something, you do it. If 2x1=43, then 43 has to be the answer. AI said so.

Without getting into politics, IMO, this slow brain washing, if you will, has been going on for decades. AI will simply make it faster and way easier to affect all humanity. Again, my opinion.

(MODS: I did my best to NOT get political. If I didn't do a good enough job, by all means, delete.)

Staff online

Members online