APP: DU Battery Saver

J

Jarret W. Buse

APP: DU Battery Saver

Most people's lives are primarily stored on some type of Android device such as a phone or tablet. Contacts, messages, favorite apps, etc. are all needed for day-to-day socializing. Keeping your Android device available is a very important task for all people. The main part of keeping the device available is keeping it charged.

An application called DU Battery Saver is one easy way to keep the battery going longer than normal. The free app performs well and the Pro version works even better. In Figure 1, the Pro version shows four options at the bottom of the screen. The first option is “Battery” which shows how much estimated time is left for the battery. In the case of Figure 1, the device has 6 hours and 32 minutes of battery time remaining. The battery temperature is shown at 0 degrees Celsius, the Technology type is Unknown and the amount of Call Time available is 1 hour and 19 minutes. Also in the figure is a graph of the battery usage over a specified time.

Figure 1.jpg

FIGURE 1

The next option is “Saver”. The first section shown in Figure 2 is the Mode. The mode allows you to create your own settings for managing the battery usage. The specific configurations are shown in Figure 3. The options can be changed as needed and saved as the new mode.

Figure 2.jpg

FIGURE 2

Figure 3.jpg

FIGURE 3

The second section for “Saver” is the Smart section. In this section, you have more advanced options for saving battery power (Figure 4). The “Advanced Saving” option will show running applications and allow them to be enabled to be shut down to extend the power as shown in Figure 5. By shutting down the one running application, the battery run time can be extended by 6 minutes. The “Screen Lock Auto-Clear” option can specify that apps are cleared from the screen when it is locked. The “Screensaver” option can help reduce consumption by using Screensaver. The “Auto-Clear Apps” can help reserve power by shutting down apps in the background which continue running and using power when not used. The “Schedule by Time” allows the device to use two modes during a different time set. The “Schedule by Power” sets the mode to use when the device reaches a specific point of battery charge such as 20%. The “Network Control” option causes the network to be disabled when the screen shuts off. The last option is to “Lower CPU Frequency” which causes the CPU to lower its frequency when the screen goes off. Running apps will slow down and use less power.

Figure 4.jpg

FIGURE 4

Figure 5.jpg

FIGURE 5

The next option is “Charge”. When enabled, the device will be charged on a constant current until the battery is at 80% charged. The battery is then charged at a lower rate until the battery is fully charged. Next, the battery is given a trickle charge to keep electrons flowing in the battery itself. The standard slow discharge of a battery will not go below 100% and not cause damage to a lithium battery. As shown in Figure 6, the option must be enabled to launch DU Battery Saver when the device is plugged into an AC power source.

The last option is the “Monitor” as shown in Figure 6. The listing shows all running services and apps as well as their power consumption. Apps and services not needed can be stopped to conserve power. You can see which apps are consuming the most power so you know which apps to avoid when possible.

Figure 6.jpg

FIGURE 6

On the “Battery” option tab, there is a button to “Optimize” the system. Once pressed, a lot of variables are checked on the system to help optimize the battery life. Once the scan is completed, you will be given a list of optimal settings as shown in Figure 7. Depending on the device, the scan results may show more options or even no options at all.

Figure 7.jpg

FIGURE 7

A button to “Try” each item is shown and once pressed, a “Restore” button will be shown. The “Restore” button allows the option to be changed back to its original setting if you do not like the change made. Once done with Optimizing, you can select the “Finish” button to return to the main screen.

An icon should appear on your main screen after DU Battery Saver is installed called “Optimize”. When pressed, a scan is performed to optimize settings according to your configuration choices made when set up. By performing an optimization occasionally, your Android device can remain at peak battery performance and lower consumption.

For anyone using an Android device, DU Battery Saver is a must-have app for their device to improve battery performance.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 27,451

Was it an App YOU made.....? :) I wouldn't be surprised..... I mean, your name is cool as it is..... :3 Seriously, whenever I see Programs/Apps like Wifite or something like GitHub or Reddit, I get, well..... Overwhelmed....... :(

Was it an App YOU made.....? :) I wouldn't be surprised..... I mean, your name is cool as it is..... :3 Seriously, whenever I see Programs/Apps like Wifite or something like GitHub or Reddit, I get, well..... Overwhelmed....... :(
I did not make the program. Be cool if I had though.

Any language which can be used for making an APK, but yes, C most likely.

I thought so, since so many things like Linux and NT are written to interact with Hardware, and that happens to either be C or C++..... :) So, did you hear they're Open Sourcing .net.......? If so, it may mean that Windows might soon follow..... Which would be great news, as I could modify 8 on this ASUS, and share it, without being persecuted..... :)

Members online