Australia - The Land Down Under

We've something far worse than fire ants...Cane Toads and they're not going anywhere.
1714284168861.gif

https://wwf.org.au/blogs/10-facts-about-cane-toads/

It's all our fault too.
1714284239768.gif

It seemed like a great idea at first, however, the cane beetles and the cane toads rarely crossed paths. Cane beetles live high on the upper stalks of the cane plant, and cane toads can’t jump that far so they barely had any impact!

Wasn't that a brilliant piece of research...... duh !
and the population is now over 200 million

Austraila...the land of the great Rip-Off.

If you live here you know how high the cost of living is...Petrol...Food and everything else but here's a good one...

Just before the 5G network began to be rolled out...the two large carriers announced new 5G mobile plans...of cause these plans were much higher than existing 4G plans because you pay more for a better service don't you.
m09004.gif

I'm with one of the smaller carriers although my mobile phone is 5G capable...my carrier is 4G which I'm happy with. The other day when I was out...I went to make a call and I noticed my phone had the 5G symbol showing where the 4G symbol was and when I went to my carrier's website it's now 5G with the same plans at no extra cost...what's going on here...what happened to we have to pay more to get a better service...I never paid more to go from 3G to 4G.
1714371492312.gif

When mobile phones first came out...you had to pay a connection fee...you couldn't buy a phone outright...you were locked in for 12 months at 80/90 cents a minute...no internet...then get an unlock code that wasn't free either.
1714371309288.gif

It seems times haven't changed except we have more carriers...just as well. If anyone is wondering if 5G is better than 4G...I can't tell.
1714371638888.gif

SCIENCE
Australian lizards have evolved resistance to deadly venom, but some snakes 'fire back'​

ABC Science

By Fleur Connick

Posted Fri 26 Apr 2024 at 6:00am

1714445728994.png

1714445768702.png
Professor Fry with a desert spotted monitor (Varanus panoptes rubidus), commonly known as a sand goanna, in Western Australia. (Supplied: Bryan Fry)

Staff online

Members online