Cloudflare blocked a DDoS with 17.2 *million* rps.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits

The best part about it. They experienced smaller ones (increasing in size) from the same botnet before this massive one was launched. So, they were basically testing them and even when they finally went full bore, they still failed! lol.

Good stuff.

Yeah, it was like they were probing for a way through/to slow things down and then failed. That's an insane amount of traffic to deal with at once. I have a couple of sites behind CF, but just at their free level. I may put L-T behind it at some point.

Yeah, it was like they were probing for a way through/to slow things down and then failed. That's an insane amount of traffic to deal with at once. I have a couple of sites behind CF, but just at their free level. I may put L-T behind it at some point.
I'm just glad that infrastructure is hitting the point that is can manage these massive attacks these days.

Our primary e-comm site also sits behind CloudFlare.

At this point, CF has gotta have both the experience and expertise to deal with most anything. From my friends in the industry, they went on quite a head-hunting venture not long before the pandemic hit. I 'member some of the earliest days of networking computers, and it's insane how far we've come.

Members online