Create shortcuts to desktop

Aposof

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I have an .exe file that i run with wine but it is in the downloads folder, is there any way to make a shortcut to the desktop and when i click it it opens with wine? I've already tried to make a launcher (from right clicking on the desktop) but when I opened the app wine said it was not found.

Open wine/play on Linux, and install the EXE file to wine, it may ask if you want a short cut, if so select yes, if not, when installed, open menu, open wine, find your new application, RIGHT click, scroll down to make desktop shortcut and click on it

Open wine/play on Linux, and install the EXE file to wine, it may ask if you want a short cut, if so select yes, if not, when installed, open menu, open wine, find your new application, RIGHT click, scroll down to make desktop shortcut and click on it
No it is not an installer it is just a game that I have and I used to run on windows, here I run it with wine. It is in the downloads folder when I click it, it opens with wine normally, there is not such thing on the wine tab in the menu.

you must have wine installed to run it, perhaps its in the all applications list
try this
go to the download file , RIGHT click and you will get a box, click on, select open with, then other application, scroll down until you find wine installer and click on.

Last edited:
you must have wine installed to run it, perhaps its in the all applications list
I'm aware it is not in the program list, nor in the wine tab in the menu. The only way it can be found is though the folder "Downloads".

I use Wine for a couple of old Windows apps, and I also use Mint Cinnamon, when I open Mint menu, I have an entry for wine [just under sound/vision, If i also click on all applications and scroll down I have wine there,
Did you?
try this
go to the download file , RIGHT click and you will get a box, click on, select open with, then other application, scroll down until you find wine installer and click on.

Hello, I have an .exe file that i run with wine but it is in the downloads folder, is there any way to make a shortcut to the desktop and when i click it it opens with wine? I've already tried to make a launcher (from right clicking on the desktop) but when I opened the app wine said it was not found.

There's an easy way to do this...I have Wave Editor installed with Wine...after installion it shows up in the menu under Wine...you can move the .exe file anywhere you like.

I go to Menu place the mouse on the Wine icon and I see Wave Editor...I place the mouse over it and right click it and select...Add to Desktop.
m1212.gif

Staff online