Deep Thoughts and Strange Ideas. Do You have them too?

I've always wandered whether like you sometimes see in the movies, if it's possible to light my own farts on fire but I have never tried.

I wonder what it would be like to have Linux holding 90% of the market...wouldn't that be something.
m1212.gif

I made this mosaic on the door of a cabinet. It's painted egg shells.

Never mind the moth. He's just hanging out and I didn't want to disturb him.

I was thinking about putting one long mosaic that wraps around my house.

I need the average area of a flattened egg shell. That would probably be inches.

The total area of the outside walls of my house, minus the area of windows and doors would be in feet. Actually, I could do the doors too. Maybe in a different color.

Convert units of measurement, divide the total area of the walls (maybe the doors too) by the average area one egg can cover.

How many eggs it would take to make that mosaic?

How long would it take?

It took a few weeks to do the cabinet.

So divide the area the walls (and maybe the doors) by the area of the cabinet door and multiply by three...

I'm probably looking at a few years. Some days would be too cold, then the rainy days, I have to work, grocery store...

By the time I finish all the paint will peel away. The siding will be rotting and falling off of the house. Actually, that would all probably happen before I finish. That would mean I don't have anything to put the shells on. How long does it take for egg shells to decompose?

Maybe I should stick to cabinet doors.

But I could put metal siding on the house first..

1710564098493.png

If you split your eggshells into small fragments, it can take roughly one year for them to break down into the soil. Thrown in almost whole, and you could be looking at several years before they decompose. This slows down the whole composting process, depriving your garden of that sweet, nutritious, earthy goodness.

Gardeners are wise.

Given that this thread is in an off-topic forum, about strange ideas and thoughts, doesn't this seem a tad redundant?

No - if you put Classical music clips into Rock Roxx - it's Off Topic (looking at Brian here) :)

I've always wandered whether like you sometimes see in the movies, if it's possible to light my own farts on fire but I have never tried.

Can't say as I have seen such a movie.

But Maarten, I, just like you, spent some time in boarding school. When I was 14, I did it, it works (scared the crap out of me)

... it works (scared the crap out of me)

If you want to scare the crap out of someone, try this.

Materials needed:

One can of aerosol hairspray
One lighter, preferably one with a long handle used to light the bar-b-q

Point hairspray bottle in the direction of the intended victim.
Press nozzle tab.
Add flame from lighter.

Enjoy the show.

Staff online

Members online