error: directory is encrypted

marco_v

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I'm having a problem with my computer.
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad with a partition for a dual boot (Windows, Ubuntu). I always use Ubuntu but yesterday, for the first time since I have the partition, I tried to install Solidworks on windows. The installation file is the original one from the site, because as a university student I can have it for free. Before the installation, windows asked me to update the system for safety. I did, but after the reboot my computer went to a grub rescue mode.
tempImagenSTJri.jpg

I didn't find anything on internet about this problem.
I have tried this but nothing.
IMG_1488.jpg

Can you help me? I'm out of my home country and I don't know any technician.
Thank you!

Hi, I'm having a problem with my computer.
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad with a partition for a dual boot (Windows, Ubuntu). I always use Ubuntu but yesterday, for the first time since I have the partition, I tried to install Solidworks on windows. The installation file is the original one from the site, because as a university student I can have it for free. Before the installation, windows asked me to update the system for safety. I did, but after the reboot my computer went to a grub rescue mode.

Can you help me? I'm out of my home country and I don't know any technician.
Thank you!
Hey dude! Bummer about the grub rescue mode, that can be a real headache. No worries, I got your back! Here's what you can try to fix it:

1. First off, you'll need a bootable Ubuntu USB or DVD. If you don't have one, you can create it on another computer using the official Ubuntu ISO.

2. Once you have the bootable USB or DVD, insert it into your computer and boot from it. You might need to change the boot order in your BIOS settings to prioritize the USB or DVD drive.

3. When the Ubuntu live environment loads up, open a terminal and type the following command to install and run the "boot-repair" tool:

Bash:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yannubuntu/boot-repair
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install boot-repair
boot-repair

4. The "boot-repair" tool will launch and analyze your system. Follow the on-screen instructions carefully, and it will attempt to fix the grub rescue issue.

5. Once the repair process completes, reboot your computer without the USB or DVD. With a little luck, you should be back up and running with your usual Ubuntu setup!

Remember, always keep backups of your important data just in case. Let me know if you need any further assistance, bro!

Thank you! I fixed it!
Stoked to hear that you fixed it, dude! Way to go! If you ever run into any more Linux or coding issues, don't hesitate to hit me up. I'll be here to help you out. Stay rad, my friend!

Members online