HAVE YOU USED ANY OF THE DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL MEDIA? ON THE BLOCKCHAIN?

HAVE YOU USED ANY OF THE DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL MEDIA? ON THE BLOCKCHAIN? AND WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE

• YES

• NO

• GOOD

• EXCELLENT

• BAD

• VERY BAD

Results are only viewable after voting.

No and no.

I avoid generalized social media as much as possible, and have never joined Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, TikTok, MySpace, etc.

I have been on a few forums like Linux.org that are specific to interests of mine, places where I can get and share help related to those interests. That is about it.

I joined LinkedIn many years ago, but I never connected to LinkedIn since then. The CEO of our company ordered me to join LinkedIn to placate an investor/partner, who insisted that I join. LinkedIn sends a lot of email informing me that I appear in many people's searches and there are many invitations that I have ignored. At least nobody can create a phony LinkedIn account in my name. I am (very reluctantly) also on Instagram, but only to read a close friend's photo blog there. All I do is look at their photos/descriptions. I post an occasional comment to show that I care. If they were any less of a friend, I would not have joined. I access it from a separate machine that is used only to look at that one Instagram webpage. Yes, I know that they are owned by Facebook and well integrated into their tracking system.

Mastodon is a growing decentralized social media service that I am aware of, but it does not use blockchain. I am not aware of a decentralized, blockchain driven (recorded?) social media site, nor am I likely to join one.

All caps is yelling.

Yelling is rude.

We're also adults here, more or less. Those that aren't adults are expected to act more or less like adults.

So, stop the all-caps. Thanks for understanding.

i avoid all ""social media"" but like sphen "been on a few forums like Linux.org that are specific to interests".

No and no.

I avoid generalized social media as much as possible, and have never joined Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, TikTok, MySpace, etc.

I have been on a few forums like Linux.org that are specific to interests of mine, places where I can get and share help related to those interests. That is about it.

I joined LinkedIn many years ago, but I never connected to LinkedIn since then. The CEO of our company ordered me to join LinkedIn to placate an investor/partner, who insisted that I join. LinkedIn sends a lot of email informing me that I appear in many people's searches and there are many invitations that I have ignored. At least nobody can create a phony LinkedIn account in my name. I am (very reluctantly) also on Instagram, but only to read a close friend's photo blog there. All I do is look at their photos/descriptions. I post an occasional comment to show that I care. If they were any less of a friend, I would not have joined. I access it from a separate machine that is used only to look at that one Instagram webpage. Yes, I know that they are owned by Facebook and well integrated into their tracking system.

Mastodon is a growing decentralized social media service that I am aware of, but it does not use blockchain. I am not aware of a decentralized, blockchain driven (recorded?) social media site, nor am I likely to join one. I've explored decentralized social media on the blockchain, and it's fascinating to see the potential it holds for reshaping the landscape of social networking. While delving into alternative platforms, it's also essential to consider expanding your presence on mainstream platforms like TikTok. Services like promosoundgroup.net offer effective TikTok promotion solutions, including buying followers, to amplify your reach and engagement. It's a great way to diversify your social media strategy and stay ahead of the curve. Keep exploring the possibilities!
Thank you

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online