He Strikes Again..... :3

B

blackneos940

Hi guys..... :3 I'm back..... :) And I think I have a problem that is pretty pin-pointable this tiem1!..... ^^ Anywho..... :3 It happened after I was running MULTIPLE instances of Copying files to a MicroSD Card..... :) Suddenly, I was getting errors, seemingly about the SD Card..... Something like "can't read superblock", "Device Read-Only", etc., etc...... Then, when I rebooted, I got to TTY1, which didn't bother me in and of itself, ('cuz I know my way around BASH :)) but what REALLY got to me was that X didn't load!..... :( Well, it DID, but only after a 'lil bit.... :3 Anywho..... My Screen also lowered in Resolution, but it seems fine now, after a few reboots..... But why is it suddenly slower.....? Was it all the Reading the SD Card did from this old HDD.....? I was Copying in to the MicroSD Card in excess of 1.50GB at LEAST..... :( Other than that, I mean, when I Log In to the Desktop, things seem snappy as usual....... Thanks for any help, guys..... :3 Need any Hardware Info....? Logs.....? :)

Last edited:

Well, I don't really have any ideas for you on this one! It seems like multiple copying instances might be a bad thing to do though. Did your MicroSD card survive this? I have had similar errors on USB drives, but I've usually been able to recover the drive (but lost some or all of the data). :oops::eek:

Cheers!

Well, I don't really have any ideas for you on this one! It seems like multiple copying instances might be a bad thing to do though. Did your MicroSD card survive this? I have had similar errors on USB drives, but I've usually been able to recover the drive (but lost some or all of the data). :oops::eek:

Cheers!
Meh, I think the others on here are starting to see my (unfortunate) pattern..... :D Report an issue, FUBAR, re-install, and so on..... :3 Also, it's ok, I think, but I got some issues in GParted, when I was resizing a Partition on my HDD..... :3 See, as I don't have a way to easily back up my Data, I simply move files from a former Partition!..... :3 :D Plus, it's pretty quick, considering it's all on the same Drive, really..... :3 But I really need to ask my Dad for an external HDD for Christmas.... :( I'm on borrowed time with this thing, and your Laptop's HDD, which I currently use for backup, for now I have is having issues loading up either Windows 7, OR Linux..... So I need to get the Data off of THERE, which was from my Inspiron, and "fsck" the fsck out of that thing..... :3

Yeah, seems like an external drive would be about the best solution. But nothing is without risk either. I have had some data loss before, even with new hard drives. Keep your most important stuff in 2 or 3 places!

Yeah, seems like an external drive would be about the best solution. But nothing is without risk either. I have had some data loss before, even with new hard drives. Keep your most important stuff in 2 or 3 places!
Good point, good sir..... :3 I suppose I could back up my important Folders in Google Drive..... :) But nothing personally identifiable!..... :D

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts