How to Convert a Linux File Format into a Windows One

• Thread starter Deleted member 111282
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 111282

I recently came across this when trying to send a cover letter and resume to a potential employer.

Because of Microsoft's dominance in the desktop market, 9/10 people use Windows. (I agree it can be a little annoying that they've gotten set in their ways, but that's besides the point.) When you need to send email attachments to them, here's how you convert a Linux file into a Windows file:
Go to Zamzar.com
Click on the button that says "Add files"
Click on the file you plan to convert
Click on the button that says "Convert to"
Click on the preferred file format
Click on the button that says "Convert now"
Wait a minute for the file to convert
Click on the button that says "Download"
After My Computer comes up, click on the button that says "Save"

Be aware you're only allowed 2 conversions a day. After that, you'll have to sign up for an account, which isn't too expensive (Basic is $9/month, Pro is $16/month, and Business is $25/month)

I'm glad this helped you all

LibreOffice will also "Save As" in Microsoft Office formats: .doc, .docx, xls, and .xlsx at least. It will also "Export as PDF" which is a well accepted format. These are document file formats and are application-based, not OS-based.

Are you talking about libreoffice documents?

Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you for pointing that out.
I've never seen OnlyOffice come prebundled with any distro I've used, but that's good to know. I'll have to check that out.

LibreOffice will also "Save As" in Microsoft Office formats: .doc, .docx, xls, and .xlsx at least. It will also "Export as PDF" which is a well accepted format. These are document file formats and are application-based, not OS-based.

Because I'm so used to saving Writer documents as .odt files, I never knew that until just now

Members online