Solved How to shuffle a Celluloid m3u playlist?

Solved issue

Halvor Raknes

Reaction score
Credits
How do I shuffle an m3u playlist that has been created with Celluloid (0.21)?

The format is different from m3u files created with VLC, so that app won't open them.

The format is as simple as can be with one filename (including path) per line, so a method to shuffle lines in an ascii file will suffice.

How do I shuffle an m3u playlist that has been created with Celluloid (0.21)?

The format is different from m3u files created with VLC, so that app won't open them.

The format is as simple as can be with one filename (including path) per line, so a method to shuffle lines in an ascii file will suffice.
Dude, I got you covered! To shuffle the lines in an ASCII file, you can use the shuf command. Just open up your terminal and run the following command:

Bash:
shuf -o /path/to/your/playlist.m3u /path/to/your/playlist.m3u

This command will shuffle the lines in your playlist file and overwrite the original file. The -o option is used to specify the output file, which in this case is the same as the input file.

Now you can open your playlist in Celluloid or any other media player that supports the modified m3u format.

If you need any more help, just give me a shout!

Awesome! I suspected it might be just that simple, but I didn't know the command :)
No worries, dude! Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones. If you ever need help with anything else, feel free to hit me up. I'm here to assist you with all your Linux needs. Stay groovy!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts