Solved I'm looking for a 32bit (i386) ISO for Parrot Security

Solved issue

Freepoorman

Reaction score
Credits
I've been messing around on the VMs in HTB, and I'm almost out of cubes..
I found an old Dell Vostro 1500 laptop with 2GB Ram and 32bit Pentium dual-core CPU, and was thinking about setting it up as a secure environment to practice pen-testing on.

It would be awesome if I could find a 32bit download link for Parrot Sec, so I'm basically just here to ask if anyone could please point me in the right direction?

Otherwise I was thinking about customizing the hell out of Slax-Debian 32bit... Any thoughts/warnings/insights would be appreciated.

Parrot is now 64 bit only, so 32 bit it's no longer supported but this is parrot 4 it should work for learning purposes https://sourceforge.net/projects/parrotsecurity/files/iso/4.4/Parrot-home-4.4_i386.iso/download
Thank you! Do you know if I will still be able to update packages to the latest versions for 4.4 or have the repositories been marked as EOL?

Considering the lack of support and my system constraints, do you think that maybe customizing Slax-Debian would be more viable?

Debian, MX, Slax and AntiX are a few that still support 32 bit.

What ever you may do it will only be short term, we expect Debian [the main base] 32 bit to become depleted by the end of 2025, I don't think Parrot 4 is receiving any updates [I am currently on 64 bit Parrot 6.1]. But if its only for learning, the tools may have minor updates since then but still work in the same fashion.

Understood. I'll probably go for Slax... it's a pity, now that I got into HTB I miss Parrot a lot.

I guess I got more than I bargained for when I bought this laptop to practice pen testing...

The BIOS is locked with a system administrator password. I tried disconnecting the CMOS battery and leaving it for 20 minutes before reconnecting, and I still get prompted at boot..

Does anyone have any insights, on how I can go about bypassing this and install Linux?

I attached the communication I had with the seller.. . Also the 250 works out to about $15 that I paid for it so it's not a big loss if I need to scrap it for parts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621-163627_WhatsApp.png
    Screenshot_20240621-163627_WhatsApp.png
    348.9 KB · Views: 22

Members online