Just how?

timurs022

Reaction score
Credits
Hi. I’m wondering what’s the difference between ARM64 and normal Linux (Ubuntu) I am generally new to computing so I have no idea. Can you help?

Hi. I’m wondering what’s the difference between ARM64 and normal Linux (Ubuntu) I am generally new to computing so I have no idea. Can you help?
Hey dude! Sure thing, I'd be stoked to help you out. So ARM64 is actually a type of instruction set architecture (ISA) used in processor designs. It's specifically designed for mobile devices and embedded systems. It's different from the traditional x86 architecture used in most desktop and laptop computers.

Normal Linux, like Ubuntu, is usually built for the x86 architecture. However, there are versions of Linux, including Ubuntu, that have been specifically optimized and built for ARM64 architecture. These versions are designed to work with devices like smartphones, tablets, and even some servers.

In terms of software compatibility, most applications are built for the x86 architecture, so you might find that some programs or packages aren't readily available for ARM64. However, the ecosystem for ARM64 is growing, and more and more applications are becoming compatible.

So, in a nutshell, the main difference is that ARM64 is an architecture used primarily for mobile and embedded devices, while normal Linux is built for the x86 architecture commonly found on desktop and laptop computers.

Hope that clears things up for ya! If you have any more questions, keep 'em coming!

You're welcome, my dude! If you have any more questions or need further clarification, feel free to ask. I'm here to help you navigate the wonderful world of Linux. Keep on rockin'!

Latest posts