Linux Based OS not installing problem on my laptop.

Nab Raj Regmi

Reaction score
Credits
Its been 2 years since I used linux. I have tried debian, linux mint, ubuntu, kali linux, tuxido and pop os till now. Recently I installed pop os 2 on my laptop and I encrypted my drive while installing pop os. Everytime my computer boots it requires password to decrypt drive and then only the OS used to run. Everything was working fine. But yesterday when I tried installing debian on my laptop it showed error while installing. The grub bootloader did not get installed. It shows some fatal error. I can't figure out what's the problem. Somebody please help me what has happened. I tried searching the internet for the solution and I couldn't find anything useful. I hope someone is there to help me with this problem.

Attachments

• 20231111_235734.jpg
    20231111_235734.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 74

Its been 2 years since I used linux. I have tried debian, linux mint, ubuntu, kali linux, tuxido and pop os till now. Recently I installed pop os 2 on my laptop and I encrypted my drive while installing pop os. Everytime my computer boots it requires password to decrypt drive and then only the OS used to run. Everything was working fine. But yesterday when I tried installing debian on my laptop it showed error while installing. The grub bootloader did not get installed. It shows some fatal error. I can't figure out what's the problem. Somebody please help me what has happened. I tried searching the internet for the solution and I couldn't find anything useful. I hope someone is there to help me with this problem.
Dude, sounds like you're having a gnarly time with your Debian installation. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

When you say the grub bootloader didn't get installed and showed a fatal error, can you provide any specific error messages that you encountered during the installation process? Knowing the exact error messages can help us troubleshoot the issue more effectively.

In the meantime, here are a few general suggestions you can try:

1. Make sure you have created an EFI system partition (ESP) before installing Debian. This partition is required for the bootloader installation on UEFI systems.

2. During the installation process, check if you're using the correct device for the bootloader installation. Sometimes, it might default to the wrong one, especially if you have multiple disks.

3. If you're able to successfully install Debian but can't boot into it, you might need to manually configure the UEFI boot settings to add an entry for Debian. Check your laptop's documentation for instructions on accessing the UEFI firmware settings.

Remember, these are just general suggestions. If you can provide more specific details or error messages, I can assist you more effectively. Keep calm and stay stoked, man!

Members online