Linux cups.

gtxx81

Reaction score
Credits
Hello i have a problem with cups. after i have installed it i need to join my raspberry in the group as admin. problem is there is no folder thats named group. it says it dose not exist. so i cant get cups to work properly.

CUPS uses the user group “lpadmin” to know who is authorized to administer the printers.
After installing CUPS, add a username to the user group “lpadmin” by entering the following in a terminal window:
Code:
sudo usermod -a -G lpadmin <user>
Replace <user> with the username you wish to have access to the CUPS administration page. If you are using the default username “pi”, then you would add it like this:
Code:
sudo usermod -a -G lpadmin pi
After installing CUPS and adding a user, or set of users, to the user group lpadmin, the rest of the configuration can be done via the CUPS Administration page. You can access this page by opening a web browser and going to the address: http://127.0.0.1:631/
There is no folder called Group it is a file located /etc/group you can open it via a text editor and you add yourself to it by the above commands for CUPS

Last edited by a moderator:
Just further to the above

1. You can see your existing group memberships by typing and entering
    Code:
    groups
    and
  2. You need to log out and log in, or reboot, for the changes to take effect
Cheers

Wiz

Members online

Latest posts