Linux Mint Keyboard and mouse not working upon boot up

Aerospace911

Reaction score
Credits
I tried to install the latest version of xrdp but then had some trouble installing it. I then could login from xrdp and the login screen.
Got mad and removed xrdp in recovery terminal
then installed xrdp again and some how got 0.22.1 from apt-get install xrdp
not i can at least rdp into the laptop but cannot use the computer computer or mouse

what version of mint and what desktop environment are you using? is this a new installation or a new behavior on an old installation? if you can live boot from a usb do you have the same trouble or did you have the same issue when installing?

what version of mint and what desktop environment are you using? is this a new installation or a new behavior on an old installation? if you can live boot from a usb do you have the same trouble or did you have the same issue when installing?
latest version of Cinnamon, Gnome, new installation. Xrdp isnt the main problem anymore i think... Its my keyboard and mouse being unresponsive when i boot up the computer

did you have any problem with the keyboard or mouse when running the live usb to install?

did you have any problem with the keyboard or mouse when running the live usb to install?
if you are refering to when i put cinnamon onto the computer from a live boot usb, yes the keyboard and mouse were fine

since it's a new installation and the problem devices did work from the live boot usb, you might be able to save yourself some troubleshooting time by reinstalling to see if that doesn't get you sorted. if not, you could try checking the output of the command

xinput

from the live usb to see what it looks like when those devices are working. xinput should list your input devices including the keyboard and mouse. you could then compare that with what you get from your rdp session to see what, if anything, is different.

the input devices usually show up in the log located at /var/log/Xorg.#.log. usually 0 (in place of the #) is the log for your present boot session. warnings are marked with (WW) and errors with (EE). you could check from rdp if there are any issues shown there when they aren't working.

Members online

Latest posts