MTTCAN module

PTester_Wannabe

Reaction score
Credits
Hi! I'm working on Kali Linux. I'm trying to load a module with the command "sudo modprobe mttcan" but it says "FATAL: module mttcan not found in directory [/...]".

So I tried "lsmod | grep mttcan" and it does not give out any output at all.

I looked at the modules and "mttcan.ko" is missing. So I tried the command "sudo apt-get install linux-modules-extra-$(uname -r)" but it outlines:

"
Unable to locate package linux-modules-extra-6.4.0-kali3-amd64

Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-modules-extra-6.4.0-kali3-amd64'

Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-modules-extra-6.4.0-kali3-amd64'

"

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? I'm kinda desperate at this point.

I assume you mean mttcan for Nvida
as far as I am aware, its not included in the Kali repositories... WARNING installing non-approved applications etc to Kali can bulk the system.
Information on mttcan for Nvida see following

Last edited:
as far as I am aware, its not included in the Kali repositories... WARNING installing non-approved applications etc to Kali can bulk the system.
Hi, thanks for the reply. On NVIDIA website there's no explanation for the module installation. I have downloaded the source code for mttcan from github but I can't generate the kernel object file with the command "make" because the file I downloaded is "m_ttcan_linux.c".

Can you help me out on that?

Sorry, not in my province, just something I read about to do with semi autonomous vehicles.
Hi, thanks for the reply. On NVIDIA website there's no explanation for the module installation. I have downloaded the source code for mttcan from github but I can't generate the kernel object file with the command "make" because the file I downloaded is "m_ttcan_linux.c".

Can you help me out on that?
I read through the instructions on this page:

That module may already be in your kernel.
1. Check that first.
Code:
lsmod

2. Then determine if the module is enabled / disabled and if it's loaded in the target.

The module mttcan.ko isn't the only module. There are 3 other modules that should be in the target directory.
IF they are not present in the correct directory you will have to set the config options in the defconfig and rebuild the kernel.

If you don't have experience with building the kernel you should read and apply yourself. If not done properly your system won't boot. During the compilation and re-build of the kernel you have to know what modules to add during the build.

***Do one thing at a time with certainty.-:)

Last edited:
What kernel is Kali Linux using at this time?

if you install inxi then run from a terminal inxi -Fnxxz it will tell you which Kali build and which Kernel

Moved the thread to the Kali sub-forum.

Members online