saving time sync

L

loubee

We have two robotic milking systems controlled by separate computers running a version of Red Hat Linux. They are networked to a windows 7 pc which runs an interface program that compiles the data from the units and controls various functions. The problem arise when we go to daylight savings time. We and the pc are switched on the US system while the robots computers, which are made in Sweden, change on the European basis, a week earlier. Is there a command to the Linux system that will configure it to the US daylight savings time change? While we cannot relay the command directly by keyboard we can transfer files to the various directories of each of the Linux systems.
The manufacture of the system has for over a year promised an upgrade to fix the problem but has not delivered. And I do not know if the Linux system has been changed in any way to accommodate the control of the robots. They do run 24/7 but we do have the ability to stop and restart the individual robots. Hope you can help. Thanks LB

Thanks for the reply but as stated we cannot issue commands directly to the Linux computers and can only transfer files to their directories. I was hoping for something like the DOS config.sys or auto.exe files that would configure the system on startup. LB

Update: we do have a terminal emulation program on the pc. The initial configuration of the robot system was done by the manufacturer IT guy with it. I have never found the need to use it but ther is always a first time.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts