The back woods country music

I don't know about back woods country but I could listen to Patsy all day.
m100.gif

m1212.gif

^^^^....those kids are Brilliant/Beautiful !!

Who can forget these...

1714715124890.gif

This guy was not bad either...

I call him Glen "Holy B*lls* Campbell. He was one of the greatest guitar players to ever exist.

one of the greatest guitar players to ever exist.
Cant argue with that, as a country music picker, he even pushes Cet Atkins in to a long second place for me .But if we take in rock/pop guitarist then I put him lower than Hank Marvin and Chuck Berry, and above Brian May and Jimi Hendrix

Do you recognise the singer/guitar man?.....No?

Roy Orbison :

I call him Glen "Holy B*lls* Campbell. He was one of the greatest guitar players to ever exist.

Yeah and his singing wasn't bad either...shame what happened to him.
m1503.gif

Patsy in colour...

1714863933386.gif

Yeah and his singing wasn't bad either...shame what happened to him.
m1503.gif

While he might have been making goat-roping music, he lived a Rock N Roll lifestyle - with the usual penalties/probable outcomes. At more than one point in his life, he was reduced to playing county fairs to fuel his addictions.

But, he was a consummate performer. Even when he did his county fairs he put on a great show. Sure, it was a coke-fueled adventure, balanced by a crippling alcohol addiction, but he still put on a show.

I'd posit that being a professional musician comes with a work-related hazard of addiction to any number of illegal substances. Much like a shoe maker is going to get carpel tunnel, a professional musician is going to end up addicted to some substance(s). It's just that common.

As someone who has been a professional musician, let's just say that I can relate. It's an easy world to slip into if you're not careful. (For several periods of my life, I made my living with my musicianship. In other periods, music supplemented my income. Then, for some other periods of my life, I just kept performing because it was a habit in and of itself.)

It's a long story which I'm willing to share parts of but you can make the usual assumptions and be accurate enough, negating my need to type out a novella. Let's just say that I've had some experiences many people wouldn't have had, some good and some not so good. I have no shame in sharing those stories, but it's a whole lot to type...

i think its "The lifestyle"

From a guitarist's perspective, there's nothing challenging. If you're willing to practice for one hour per day, you can play that song within a month of picking up the guitar.

We call those 'cowboy chords' and it's almost derisive even though a zillion songs are built on that same framework of chords.

They truly are the framework for a lot of songs, including a ton of rock songs. You can learn 5 chords and cover a ton of stuff. If you learn the Pentatonic Minor scale you can even fake a ton of lead guitar parts.

Staff online

Latest posts