The storm has struck...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Well, this storm is bigger than I expected it to be.

Power is out everywhere. Trees are down. In some cases, poles have been split in half and are down. Many of the roads are unpassable.

I have solar power, but that does nothing for when the power goes out entirely at the cell tower. I could be missing for more than the usual six hours or so it takes them to get us back online in the village. (Even if my power is out AND solar failed, I've got a giant diesel generator that'll do the trick.)

I'd expect anyone else from Maine to be down for a while. Most of us don't have solar and/or full-house generators.

Also, for the curious, the generator doesn't directly power the house. It will charge batteries instead. I'm good. The power outage won't impact my ability to watch a movie or two. I'm just not sure how quickly power will be restored, thus how long the network will remain up.

Well, this storm is bigger than I expected it to be.

Power is out everywhere. Trees are down. In some cases, poles have been split in half and are down. Many of the roads are unpassable.

I have solar power, but that does nothing for when the power goes out entirely at the cell tower. I could be missing for more than the usual six hours or so it takes them to get us back online in the village. (Even if my power is out AND solar failed, I've got a giant diesel generator that'll do the trick.)

I'd expect anyone else from Maine to be down for a while. Most of us don't have solar and/or full-house generators.

Also, for the curious, the generator doesn't directly power the house. It will charge batteries instead. I'm good. The power outage won't impact my ability to watch a movie or two. I'm just not sure how quickly power will be restored, thus how long the network will remain up.
Pretty nasty storm. Hope you're back up and running before long.

Sorry to say, more coming your way. I'm at the Ohio/Michigan line. Snow squals causing white outs. Wind gusts over 40mph. Batten down the hatches and ride it out. Be safe KGill. And anyone else being affected.

I am used to these.
I live in Quebec.:mad:

This one was a good one.

I'm not online yet but I'm on a phone.

Winds were high enough to snap telephone poles. I'm kinda impressed. If this has been below freezing, we'd be screwed for a couple of weeks.

Sorry to say, more coming your way. I'm at the Ohio/Michigan line. Snow squals causing white outs. Wind gusts over 40mph. Batten down the hatches and ride it out. Be safe KGill. And anyone else being affected.

We have more people without power than we have people with power.

My house is equipped with the following articles: long lasting led light on battery, camping stove and … instant noodles.

So, we have had some death and flooding. We're fine at my house. My solar took some damage.

I'm pretty impressed by this storm. Not in a good way or anything like that. I'm not sure how long the generator will last at the cell tower.

I'm also not sure when mains power will be restored.

I have no idea how the other Maines are doing. I hope they are doing well. We took the storm head on at my house. Hopefully they were around the edges.

With the solar damage, I may have to go into power saving mode.

Staff online