Ultramarine 40 released

dos2unix

Reaction score
Credits

That Chromebook edition due out in a couple of weeks may be of use to our Chromebook users.

Ultramarine GNOME, XFCE and Plasma are available at DistroWatch for those interested.

I may take the XFCE one for a spin.

Thanks for sharing, Marvin and

Avagudweegend

Wiz

That Chromebook edition due out in a couple of weeks may be of use to our Chromebook users.

Ultramarine GNOME, XFCE and Plasma are available at DistroWatch for those interested.

I may take the XFCE one for a spin.

Thanks for sharing, Marvin and

Avagudweegend

Wiz
Download links for all 4 editions can also be found on our website here: https://ultramarine-linux.org/download/

Glad to hear you're looking out for Chromebook Edition, very excited for that:)

@Owen-sz welcome to linux.org ;)

I am curious on two counts -

1. Do you have a connection with System76, the computer company that maintain Pop!_OS ? Reason I ask is that I run top when I am installing and I noted a process with the truncated entry of System76-schedu running throughout the install.
  2. I installed the Xfce edition yesterday, do you wish feedback here or at your site?
Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

@Owen-sz welcome to linux.org ;)

I am curious on two counts -

1. Do you have a connection with System76, the computer company that maintain Pop!_OS ? Reason I ask is that I run top when I am installing and I noted a process with the truncated entry of System76-schedu running throughout the install.
  2. I installed the Xfce edition yesterday, do you wish feedback here or at your site?
Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
Thanks! Seems like a fun place:)

To answer your questions,
  • Yes, we do have some contacts there, however the System76 Scheduler (CPU scheduler) was packaged purely by us in Terra, our community-based repository for Fedora systems (included in Ultramarine by default).
  • As far as feedback, the typical way to provide it would be through our Discord/Matrix, or socials, although you could drop it here too, doesn’t matter to much.
Adding the link to our community page - Fyra Labs/Ultramarine Linux Community

Hope that helps, and thanks for trying out Ultramarine!

Members online