Where is the "upload system information" feature in Debian 11?

joe_linux

Reaction score
Credits
In Debian 12 if you navigate to System Settings (in the Cinnamon GUI) there is an option at the bottom that allows you to "upload system information." It then opens up a wealth of information about your computer's hardware and software in a browser. That feature is not present in Debian 11. Does anyone know where I can get it? Thanks! :)

Attachments

• upload system information feature in System Settings.png
    upload system information feature in System Settings.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 91

Welcome to the forums
you could always try from the terminal inxi Fnxx [you may have to install inxi from the software manager]

run :
Code:
$ sudo apt install inxi
to install inxi
and then run:
Code:
$ inxi -b
to see the information

Brickwizard and Terminal Velocity,
Thank you both, very much. I had never heard of inxi. Apparently it comes installed on Debian systems, because it was on all three of my machines. I ran it last night as inxi -FM and found it gave me everything that the GUI did. Very nice to know!

if you read the questions posed, in many cases we will ask for an inxi report, from inxi -Fnxxz for a full machine report to say inxi -Nnz if we just want a network report [note the Z on the end is if you are going to post the information on the forums as it filters out some sensitive information]
you can find the full list of inxi commands by using inxi -h

if you read the questions posed, in many cases we will ask for an inxi report, from inxi -Fnxxz for a full machine report to say inxi -Nnz if we just want a network report [note the Z on the end is if you are going to post the information on the forums as it filters out some sensitive information]
you can find the full list of inxi commands by using inxi -h
I actually read the man page last night. Thanks, Brick.

G'day @joe_linux and welcome to linux.org :)

So the answer to your original question is in fact, inxi.

If you take a look at the termbin output provided by clicking upload in Settings, down at the bottom in Info: it will likely have the inxi version, eg 3.3.26

If you feel your issue is satisfied, you can go to your first post, edit and choose Solved as shown

nYSKHvh.png

I'd also invite you to slip over to Members Introductions to say Hi, and meet a few more of the gang.

Friday here in Oz so

Avagudweegend all

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online

Latest posts