A Firefox profile maker.

How to use Firefox Profile Maker:

PS: I use this FF Profile Maker many times but I don't have time to write a full tutorial about it. So the video above walks the users through the process.

Last edited:
It seemed self-explanatory to me - but I already have the benefit of knowledge. I already knew they existed and could be customized, for example.

So, thanks for the link! Hopefully that'll help people get started.

You can add the following codes into the pref.js or user.js if you already familiar with FF Profile Maker:

Disable camera, geolocation access and notifications.
Should you use the following code, you can enable back your geolocation access by going to Firefox settings > Privacy and security (scroll down) > Location > Uncheck the "Block new requests asking to access your location":
Code:
user_pref("permissions.default.camera", 2);
user_pref("permissions.default.desktop-notification", 2);
user_pref("permissions.default.microphone", 2);
user_pref("permissions.default.xr", 2);
user_pref("permissions.default.geo", 2);

Disable Mozilla VPN Ads:
Code:
user_pref("browser.privatebrowsing.vpnpromourl", "");
user_pref("browser.contentblocking.report.vpn-android.url", "");
user_pref("browser.contentblocking.report.vpn-ios.url", "");
user_pref("browser.contentblocking.report.vpn-promo.url", "");
user_pref("browser.contentblocking.report.vpn.enabled", false);
user_pref("browser.contentblocking.report.vpn.url", "");

Disable recommendations upon browsing:
Code:
user_pref("browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.asrouter.userprefs.cfr.addons", false);
user_pref("browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.asrouter.userprefs.cfr.features", false);

XOriginPolicy
Only send Referer header when the full hostnames match. (Note: if you notice significant breakage, you might try 1 combined with an XOriginTrimmingPolicy tweak below.) When sending Referer across origins, only send scheme, host, and port in the Referer header of cross-origin requests. Details here and here.
Code:
user_pref("network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy", 2);
user_pref("network.http.referer.XOriginTrimmingPolicy", 2);

The following function is included with FF Profile Maker Wizard, but in case you forgot to set it up, just copy this code into the pref.js file.
Not rendering IDNs as their Punycode equivalent leaves you open to phishing attacks that can be very difficult to notice. Read the details here.
Code:
user_pref("network.IDN_show_punycode", true);

First party isolation
A result of the Tor Uplift effort, this preference isolates all browser identifier sources (e.g. cookies) to the first party domain, with the goal of preventing tracking across different domains. More details here.
Code:
user_pref("privacy.firstparty.isolate", true);

Keyword Enabled
The keyword enabled allows you to search from the address bar, which is common these days. Choose true for the best setting, but set it to false if you want more privacy. But if you set it to false, you cannot search from the address bar.
Code:
user_pref("keyword.enabled", true);

I'm not really a Firefox user, but it looks like this is a pretty good tool that not a whole lot of people take advantage of.

Members online