A thread for discussing/evaluating IT books.

C

CrazedNerd

I'm posting this partially as a response to someone asking which books are better off for understanding Kali linux...do you even find it practical to read books in relation to Information Technology [such as computers]? I mostly just do it because i like books, i go for both paperbacks and free PDF documents I can find online.

Over the years, i've come to appreciate the art of writing about things which can easily become boring or confusing to anyone. I was just reading and toying with "Web Coiding and Development All-In-One for Dummies" (2016), and I thought it had a marvelous introduction to HTML and CSS, and it basically teaches you everything you need about both languages, AND it talks about every other main web programming language. However It doesn't cover Golang, HTML5, and so many others, but i applaud the fact that he/they (?) covers everything you need to know to become very knowledgeable and get started. I decided to put it back on my shelf because most of the stuff covered concerning JavaScript is stuff i already became really familiar with through taking an online course on C++...and i'm currently much more interested in understanding, and the languages that linux developers use, than i am getting started on one of the major project ideas i've had in my head for a while.

I just got started on "How Linux Works", and so far i feel it's really well written, i'll probably read the whole thing within a month or two. What are IT books that have been really helpful for you, if any at all? Do you have a preferred format (paperback, pdf, kindle, epud, etc.)? I love it when i can read about computers in depth through a free pdf, so smooth! I intend to buy the second edition of "the linux command line" so i can familiarize myself with some of the stuff i was either confused about or skipped over in the first edition...

Members online