Anyone switching back to Windows 11 for this awesome "feature"?

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits

Copilot+ PCs are the fastest, most intelligent Windows PCs ever built.

Intelligent Windows PCs is an oxymoron, IMO.

I wonder how long before someone asks us for help in installing Linux on one?

....^^^^^ What he said !!!!!......Amen !

Upon reading from the below...:

Windows devices with Pluton will use the Pluton security processor to protect credentials, user identities, encryption keys, and personal data. None of this information can be removed from Pluton even if an attacker has installed malware or has complete physical possession of the PC.

I have yet to find an account of someone who has bought a new pc with (Neural Processing Unit ) Pluton as part of the setup......and then followed the time honoured process of Installing Linux Mint on it....both as a dual boot and as a standalone installation

My employer has made Co-pilot available (the "ask questions" variant) to experiment and see if it may be useful in our work. I must say I am impressed by ChatGPT 4, and equally disappointed by Co-pilot. So, no, I will not move to Windows 11 for it :)

Now with the advent of AI, MS won't need to manually collect and store your data with specialized software, it will use the AI and intensify these privacy dangers to only God knows what degrees.

Even comes with new and improved spyware too.
1716601286542.gif

Pluton processor, you say? Why does that sound suspiciously like "Putin" Processor??
Things that make you go, "Hmm...."

No. I am not moving to Windows 11 for that crud. I'll confess my gaming PC is still Win-10 based. If that copilot garbage shows up prior to its EOL next October, that's when I'll completely make the jump to Linux on both systems. My lappy currently runs Manjaro 24 KDE

It's about this, where your entire computer history gets screenshoted.

So ... Windows always had many option to mess up ... their own functions as well.
It often doesn't take a lot, and certainly not if one has some imagination, like me.
For example, one can use taskkill.exe to stop processes. Standard Windows feature.

C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe

I got upgraded to a Windows 11 laptop at work a while back. I disabled co-pilot via group policy as soon as it arrived. Just as I disabled Cortana before that. I have no use for it whatsoever!

NO! and HELL NO!

Needless to mention what a major security issue it is regardless where the data are stored. Its main purpose is to help perform investigations to personal computers! Using Linux become more and more a self respect behavior

Insert some Windows shill justifying this by stating "but windows supports EVERYTHING! And this is SO CONVENIENT!"

It's truly mind blowing to me how many people just blindly continue to support windows spite the blatant privacy and security concerns that are just inherent with the systems.

My favorite response these people give me is "Well I'm not doing anything wrong, so I have nothing to hide!"... here's your sign.

I'm truly baffled by people that utilize Windows in their personal hardware. I can understand for work or in a corporate setting, but I'd not dream of deploying Windows on any of my private hardware. I don't give a squat about compatibility, if compatibility will cost me privacy and security, I'll do without.

but there's really no point in arguing the point because there will ALWAYS be someone out there that will be so completely content with sacrificing privacy and security for the sake of convenience and ease of use that they'll quite literally chew the flesh off your bones defending it.

It is what it is.

Lazy will be lazy.

Last edited:
1717528415898.png

Yeah, that's pretty bad.

What's even worse is that 1) most users don't care and 2) the other users probably don't even know.

But yeah, this video is getting pretty "viral" (get it? :p )

Latest posts