Solved Chromium update ruined my shortcut to second profile

Solved issue

ron.alan

Reaction score
Credits
I have multiple profiles for Chromium. For the default profile, I have a shortcut on the desktop (which still works). For my second profile I have a shortcut on the panel. After today's update, this shortcut on the panel for the second profile no longer works. See the image below for what I get.

This is the command for the shortcut:
Code:
/usr/bin/chromium --profile-directory="Profile 2"
Everything worked fine for months, through every update, until today. Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this? (Yes, I rebooted the computer.) BTW, I can still access the second profile via the default, but would like the shortcut to be fixed. Thanks.

chrom.profile.jpg

Someone on Devuan's forums reported (in my "carbon-copy" thread there) that the same thing has happened to them. I guess it's a Debian thing?

G'day Ron. You should give us a link for that Devuan thread, if it is still open.

We can't be expected to guess what is being done there, nor they, us, here.

TIA and good luck

Wizard

Last edited:
Today's update to 125.0.6422.112-1 fixed the problem.

G'day Ron. You should give us a link for that Devuan thread, if it is still open.
Sorry about that. But now that it's fixed there's no reason. Nothing else was posted there except that the other person "fixed" it by rolling back to previous version (not a good solution).

Latest posts