connecting my laptops to my pc and VMs

hendricks54

Reaction score
Credits
G'day I have been in this forum for a few weeks now. I have been in the general Linux part. I was talking to Wizard with my Linux needs, but now, The Wizard adviced me to come to this part of the forum to advance my knowledge.
I would like to connect my two laptops to my pc (network them) by doing so I would like to also add multiple VMs to my pc. I would like to partition my pc correctly so that I may properly be able to do what I want to do.
A little about me. I am an IT Engineer Student loving the Linux world. I am still in school till August 2020. So for the moment i am studying to network pc and learning cisco. So i would like to practice with my home pc by connecting my two laptops to my pc and do multiple VMs in order to host multiple clients. Thi is what my pc looks right now. so I need assistance on how to create the proper partitions in order to do what i just discribed to you above. Your assistance is greatly appreciated thank you so very much. Greatly appreciated. thank you.

OBGrjes.png

I would like to connect my two laptops to my pc (network them) by doing so I would like to also add multiple VMs to my pc. I would like to partition my pc correctly so that I may properly be able to do what I want to do.
@hendricks54 You want to create a home network to connect all of your devices, right? Also, you forgot to mention what Linux distro you're on, I kind of remember from your other post that it's Mint, is that right? If so, this tutorial might just be what you need https://www.maketecheasier.com/setting-up-a-home-network-with-linux-mint/

Hope this helps! :)

@hendricks54 You want to create a home network to connect all of your devices, right? Also, you forgot to mention what Linux distro you're on, I kind of remember from your other post that it's Mint, is that right? If so, this tutorial might just be what you need https://www.maketecheasier.com/setting-up-a-home-network-with-linux-mint/

Hope this helps! :)
OH right, forgot to tell you what system i am using, here it is:

Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon version 4.2.4
Processor: INtel Core iS-9600K CPU @ 3,70GHzx6
Memory: 31.2 GiB
HD: 3.64 TB

Because i am in school no money at the moment, Lol... i have this HD in the future i will get a SSD.
Yes, I want to create a home network connecting all my devices. Thank you for tutorial. Looking at it right now. I have at the moment a this:

gH9dUHL.jpg

I just connected my pc to it. I will be making more ethernet cable to connect my other devices. I just need to wait till Monday to get my connections and get that started. I will be making 1' (foot) length of ethernet cable. That is my plan. What suggestions do you have for VM that could work with my Linux. I tried Oracle with the Linux support but was not working. In the mean time i will do follow the tutorial. thank you very much for your assistance and advice.

Members online