Curious if anyone uses Obsidian?

craigevil

Reaction score
Credits

It is a rather interesting way to keep notes or a journal. Unfortunately there is no actual Linux packaging format available just Flatpak or Snap.
I went ahead and installed the flatpak, it runs surprisingly well.
I haven't used it much. But it definitely would be a good way to keep track of things you change on your system.
For portability, Obsidian supports CommonMark and GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM):
  • Code fence with syntax highlighting
  • | Markdown table |
  • - [x] Task list
  • ~~Strikethrough~~
For expressiveness, Obsidian also supports:
  • #Tags
  • $$LaTeX math$$
  • [^Footnotes]
  • [[Internal links]]
  • ![[Filename]] to embed notes and other files

It looks familiar. I tried a bunch of similar things to keep all my Linux notes and I've tried them numerous times.

I end up reverting to my plain text files and am now putting them online in the form of a website. If I'm putting that much work into maintaining a bunch of tips/tweaks/notes, I might as well make 'em available to the public and see where that takes me.

That look very interesting.

Will download and try it.

Tried it...
just tried to download it, and my screen froze.

Try it by all means, but proceed with caution. If it freezes on you, just tap the esc key until it throws up a small screen asking if you wish to force it to quit.
Force it to quit, and dont try again.

Not impressed so far.

Tried it...
just tried to download it, and my screen froze.

Try it by all means, but proceed with caution. If it freezes on you, just tap the esc key until it throws up a small screen asking if you wish to force it to quit.
Force it to quit, and dont try again.

Not impressed so far.
Which version? I am using the Flatpak. It works great. it is just a very complex program. Heck I do not even know what Markdown is.
Take a look at: https://help.obsidian.md/Start+here

Heck I do not even know what Markdown is.

It's a language for formatting text.

*italics*
**bold**
>quote
>>nested quote
#H1
##H2
###H3
(four spaces) code tags equivalent
[text_here](https://example.com) clickable URL

That's pretty much all of it. It's in use at places like StackExchange. If memory serves correctly, it was meant as a replacement for BBC (Bulletin Board Code - the text formatting language used at forums).

It's a language for formatting text.

*italics*
**bold**
>quote
>>nested quote
#H1
##H2
###H3
(four spaces) code tags equivalent
[text_here](https://example.com) clickable URL

That's pretty much all of it. It's in use at places like StackExchange. If memory serves correctly, it was meant as a replacement for BBC (Bulletin Board Code - the text formatting language used at forums).
Ahha thanks for that simple explanation.

It's in use at sites like Reddit, as well. If you participate at any sites that use Discord, that's markdown. It's fairly common. There's probably a plugin to enable markdown on XenForo (the software this site uses).

Also, I forgot that you can use `code` instead of leading spaces.

I am currently using ZIM
Available in theLM20.1 Software Manager

zim.png

Members online

Latest posts