Debian Bookworm (12.0): dependency issues prevent kernel upgrade (raspi-firmware issue)

The fix was in the thread you posted. I ran into the same thing on one of my baby NUCs.

Code:
sudo dpkg -P raspi-firmware  	
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

;)

I read every word in the thread and still don't understand how the raspi-firmware would cause those issues on regular amd64 hardware. But, it is a good example of how handy it is to know to check bug reports and then be comfortable in the terminal.

I know utterly nuts but everytime Installed programs Synaptic would have package failures. This so far has corrected the problem.

Last edited:
I know utterly nuts but everytime Iminstalled programs Synaptic would have package failures. This so far has corrected the problem.
I ran into the same exact problem when distro hopping on one of my baby Nucs.
@KGIII
I read every word in the thread and still don't understand how the raspi-firmware would cause those issues on regular amd64 hardware
There are quite a few more threads on this topic on different forums that go into detail as to why it does.
Pull up a search on the topic and be prepared lol ;)

Last edited:
There are quite a few more threads on this topic on different forums that go into detail as to why it does.

It seems like something worth knowing. I gotta do that whole dinner thing, but that'll make a nice dessert.

I think the basic problem is Raspi Firmware should not be on a laptop or desktop it is not meant for amd64 it is meant for arm - There is a script at upstream Debian for this - https://salsa.debian.org/live-team/live-build/-/commit/8eaf20daf1cf79669975b1acfe4d6fa453eb6307
It is a Firmware Filter
Yep how did this get to be a problem in the stable release in the first place. The Debian team seem to have been getting a bit sloppy lately. Thank goodness for the internet to find the answers. Only found this issue having done a normal apt upgrade. Everytime I wanted to install a program Debian kept on trying to finish kernel upgrade and would get the same package failure over and over. Sorry but if any Devs are reading this and they probably aren't - more care less haste. They had time to fix all this sort of stuff before final release.

Would like to know how to contact Devs to make my points. They really need to show more care. Disappointing.

Members online