• We did not send an email asking for donations - please read this post.

Dell Inspirion 11 3000

Mike13Foxtrot

Reaction score
Credits
Picked up a Dell Inspirion 11 3000 for $100.00. Windows 10 would get me to the Sign in screen then restart. Took 5+ times almost everytime. It also has a tablet mode, touch screen... The touch worked well. Wiped and installed Peppermint Linux. Said to myself, don't really need the touch, all works. The touch works, the tracpad works. I put Peppermint on an old Alienware, before am completely satisfied with Peppermint.

D

Deleted member 101831

I've used Peppermint 7 for a while years ago and it worked great never had a problem with it.

OP
Mike13Foxtrot

Mike13Foxtrot

Reaction score
Credits
Was delighted that even the touch screen works. So far I wipe out all the MS links and G links Libra and Firefox on any and all Linux. Love MintStick as well it restored a Win10 recovery 32g USB drive. Even WIN wont reformat. :)

sp331yi

Reaction score
Credits
PCMag tore it up

I did like peppermint quite some time back. Got rid of the web software and used it on a Lenovo G5** -- very basic laptop with 4GB RAM and a SSD. Better even than lubuntu, IMHO

Have you lever tried antiX?

I stick with Win7 machines, myself. E5500 for $85, as I posted earlier -- very satisfactory.

Vrai

Reaction score
Credits
Picked up a Dell Inspirion 11 3000 for $100.00. Windows 10 would get me to the Sign in screen then restart. Took 5+ times almost everytime. It also has a tablet mode, touch screen... The touch worked well. Wiped and installed Peppermint Linux. Said to myself, don't really need the touch, all works. The touch works, the tracpad works. I put Peppermint on an old Alienware, before am completely satisfied with Peppermint.
That's good to know. I haven't used "Peppermint" in quite some time.
Perhaps I will give it another try.

D

Deleted member 101831

I haven't used "Peppermint" in quite some time.
Perhaps I will give it another try.
Peppermint Linux is really an excellent Linux distro and works really well from my experience.

This is what I found cool about Peppermint Linux.

Last edited by a moderator:

sp331yi

Reaction score
Credits
Peppermint Linux is really an excellent Linux distro and works really well from my experience.

This is what I found cool about Peppermint Linux.

Thanks for the update on Peppermint, Nelson! Informative.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Linux.org Hosting Donations
Consider making a donation

Members online