Display detected but will not enable.

Awkward

Reaction score
Credits
I have connected displays to my laptop multiple ways I’ve tried using the HDMI on the laptop currently connected through a docking station via USB-C but the same problem arises. Using Kali Linux and when I apt upgrade I get possible missing AMD firmware warnings.
IMG_6516.jpeg

Do you have an amd gpu, if so install the package firmware-amd-graphics and then reboot.

If you look at the photo they have Primary Display turned off

Also Possible missing firmware warning is just that - a warning does not mean much I have a desktop that has been missing AMD firmware for 10 years now and all this time AMD has yet to release it to Linux

W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/ip_discovery.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/sienna_cichlid_cap.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/navi12_cap.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/aldebaran_cap.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/gc_11_0_0_toc.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/sienna_cichlid_mes1.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/navi10_mes.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/gc_11_0_3_mes.bin for module amdgpu

Last edited:
If you look at the photo they have Primary Display turned off
It will not let me turn it on. It detects what they are but will not let me click primary display at all and the enable display slider will move but do nothing.

It will not let me turn it on. It detects what they are but will not let me click primary display at all and the enable display slider will move but do nothing.
If you click on Mirror displays does it work?

check if mesa-opencl-icd is installed command

dpkg -l | grep -i "mesa-opencl-icd"

If anything gets returned run the following command - if nothing then no worries

sudo apt remove mesa-opencl-icd

Members online