Distro for Acer Nitro 5

MortusMg

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone. I am new here and posting for the first time, and English is not my first language, so sorry if my question will be a little messy.

I was using linux for past 13 years( used clean debian and arch, Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro, Endeavor, etc) and currently using Garuda linux. and these all was on the same old pc.

So long story short.
I just bought a new laptop Acer Nitro 5 and want to use a Linux on it as well. I tried few distros but for some reason I couldn't regulate the brightness of the screen.
So if you could recommend a distro that is working well on a laptop that has integrated and dedicated videocards and can run games more or less without issues that would be great. Also please recommend an app or apps to control my keyboard rgb and fan speed.

Sorry I don't know what information exactly I need to share here, so here is the Link to my laptop.

Thank you everyone in advance.

I know someone with an Acer laptop who ran into that same problem. What they did was switch the bios to use the discrete GPU, then installed Linux and after that they were able to change the brightness.

I know someone with an Acer laptop who ran into that same problem. What they did was switch the bios to use the discrete GPU, then installed Linux and after that they were able to change the brightness.
But wouldn't that kill the battery very fast?

But wouldn't that kill the battery very fast?
Batteries never last long on laptops with Linux anyways, you can try installing TLP. Other option you could still try is it install PopOS I've heard that PopOS has a better support for being able to switch between discrete and integrated gpu's.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts