Distrowatch down?

Tolkem

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life! :)
Distrowatch has been down for over a week. Does anyone know anything?
1672670839590.png

It works for me.
Code:
curl -I https://distrowatch.com
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 14:54:49 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.54 (FreeBSD) OpenSSL/1.1.1l-freebsd PHP/8.0.25
Funny thing to see a Linux website running on FreeBSD :cool:

Yep, I just hit it and everything seems normal.

I'm pretty late to the game, but it's *currently* reachable from my house.

The same site in your screenshot shows an outage from their servers in the history and a similar site is also reporting an outage.

Definitely Up

from Australia @08:27, January 3, 2023

The same site in your screenshot shows an outage from their servers in the history and a similar site is also reporting an outage.
Damn good to see we are not the only ones with outages !

Damn good to see we are not the only ones with outages !

Every site has outages unless you spend MILLIONS of dollars. Once in a blue moon, there will even be an outage at Google. The goal for vital infrastructure is in the 'five nines' area - 99.999% uptime. They're people who spend a lot of money and have things like an SLA with very strong repercussions if that uptime is not met.

Like, a whole lot of money...

Heck, even Cloudflare has had outages - and so much of the web relies on them which meant a bunch of their sites went down. And, well, they're pretty much the experts on the subject.

Some outages will only impact a service - like the site will show up and appear working, but parts of it won't - maybe due to a database dropping connections or the like. Right now, Reverb is doing that. Now that Etsy owns them, they've had more outages - but that could be because of their growing popularity. The site appears to work, until you actually search for a product. (Reverb is a marketplace for musical instruments - mainly guitars and associated gear.)

Members online