Dvd player

Brian1345

Reaction score
Credits
I have an older LG dvd player and it's online capabilities have stopped working, the dvd function still works fine though. I'm trying to find a linux os for it so I can get the online functions and still watch dvds. I can post the exact model if need be but I was hoping to be connected with the community of users who have explored os's for dvd players and i have not found anything in online searches.

I don't know of any alternative OSes for DVD players. Typically they are put onto ROMS on the hardware at the factory and they typically do not have the facility to be re-flashed by the user. :/

And I don't think it's likely that the OS on the DVD player is likely to be causing the problem either.

If the DVD player was connecting to some bespoke online service - it could be that the service itself has been discontinued, or taken down by the manufacturer - perhaps that might explain the problem?!

Or perhaps it could be a component failure in the DVD players networking hardware? IDK!

Some information about the make/model might help us to diagnose the problem.

Do you know anything about the online service/s that the DVD player was connecting to?

Thank you for the reply. I could go into more specifics however the online capabilities were limited to begin with so a straight fix isn't really worth it to me, besides the dvd function Still works. I was thinking that installing linux would allow for some better content, but as that's not an option I can still use it for dvds. Thanks again

Brian, have you gone into the DVD properties and set your region? That may have gotten changed or erased. For example Region 1 is North America.

Members online