Ah OK....the 1.7.7 file was not installed. So I've chosen the ET-2710 and completed the set up but when I try and print nothing happens. When I look at the printer job queue it shows the job but stays on status "processing". Thanks for helping by the way. Any thoughts on this final hurdle?I'm running the same LinuxMint version as you, so you must be missing a package.
Did you install both of these packages?
Here is my error log...can you see what needs doing?Try looking in this log file( /var/log/cups/error_log) to see if you see any useful information there about your print job.
OK did all that and tried to print the test page, the behavior is the same, just stays on "processing".Before you do this first try to print a test page instead of the document you are trying to print.
And what happens then?
Let's try something different.
1. Delete the printer
2. copy this file: /opt/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr/ppds/Epson/Epson-ET-2710_Series-epson-inkjet-printer-escpr.ppd.gz to your home directory.
3. extract it.
4. Go to Printers and Add printer
5. Select Epson Inkjet
6. Select the radio button: Provide PPD File
7. Select the file you extracted, Click Forward, then Apply
8. Printer should be installed. Try printing again.
E [19/Jul/2020:12:19:06 +0100] [Client 4] Returning IPP client-error-document-format-not-supported for Send-Document (ipp://localhost:631/printers/EPSON-ET-2710-Series) from localhost