front audio panel not working, need assistance, thanks (OS Pop!_OS 21.04)

kentut

Reaction score
Credits
helo, could someone help me, before i ask here i already read few forum and already try some, and still no solution, below is detail :

1. this method already try and not work
Screenshot from 2021-12-13 08-44-38.png

Screenshot from 2021-12-13 08-55-29.png

2 this is detail spec and what im already check and do, as can u see, i already insert speaker on front audio panel [it detected headphones(plugged in) ] , sound bar is decent, but no sound out even i try either with headphones or speaker
Screenshot from 2021-12-13 08-31-38.png

3 below is detail spec of my harware, maybe because i not installing any audio driver ? because i saw everyone else either have "HD Audio" or "AC97' and mine only "usb audio"
- motherboard spec is "msi mpg z590 gaming plus"
Screenshot from 2021-12-13 08-32-31.png

I dont have pop, but it may be you can only have one output enabled at a time

I dont have pop, but it may be you can only have one output enabled at a time
thank you for reply, i already state the build number pop_os 21.04 on title, i asume because pop os is under ubuntu, its same with ubuntu ver 21.04, please clarify if im wrong ?

one output enable at a time ? umm.. i already try unplug speaker from the back panel, and only use 1 speaker from front panel.

pop may be based on ubuntu, but it is not a full Ubuntu install [system 76 remove/change some of it so that pop will work on their own built office equipment for which it is specificaly designed. ], therefore has some of its own peculiarities .
now i also have a ubuntu based [mint] install, if i want to swap from internal to external front to back I have to do it in sound settings [the link is usualy accessed in the volume control icon]

UPDATE
i found this thread https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/554748-Audio-Front-Ports-No-Sound-ALC4080 and below method work to make front panel temporary output the sound

aplay -D plughw:1,1 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav

he explain
This suggests to me that sound works with alsa, but that it does not work with pulse audio, either because of the some automatic misconfiguation with pulse, or because of the alsa interface to pulse audio with your hardware has some issue.

and give solution like this
As a painful interim, while getting this fixed via bug report, or someone else chiming in as to what to do next, you could try to run your multimedia apps from konsole/xterm, with the " pasuspender -- " in front of the application command.

as i try
pasuspender -- vlc
the sound still doesnt work,
but it does work aplay -D plughw:1,1 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav on example above and i notice it doesnt require (disable the pulse - pasuspender).

so my next question is, how to use ALSA directly so it make working front panel with this information ?, im very new to linux, any help is appreciated

Members online

Latest posts