Solved GUI Boot

Solved issue

Aposof

Reaction score
Credits
So when I boot my Linux mint 21.2 machine it boots with that normal mint logo and the green spinning circle, can someone tell me how to make it boot like it's shown in that video below?

Just do what they did. Press F8 during boot.

So when I boot my Linux mint 21.2 machine it boots with that normal mint logo and the green spinning circle, can someone tell me how to make it boot like it's shown in that video below?

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

Why would you want to do that...when you start your computer you see the Motherboard logo...then Mints Green circle and then the login screen...that's normal.

Be very careful what people on youtube say because you could endup in a world of trouble.
t3603.gif

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

Why would you want to do that...when you start your computer you see the Motherboard logo...then Mints Green circle and then the login screen...that's normal.

Be very careful what people on youtube say because you could endup in a world of trouble.
t3603.gif
I just want it to look like you're hacking or something. Just like when you install an app from the terminal.

Welcome to the forums,
look instead of messing with your boot [which can cause problems] here is a fun thing with most Linux distributions,
1] open your software manage, In the search box type cMatrix, and enter
2] provided your distribution includes it, you should have a download screen, select install and let it run]]
3]from your desktop, open the terminal , expand to full screen, type into the terminal cmatrix and enter.
4] to close, just shut down the terminal window

And take Note of what @bob466 said, and do not trust any YouTube video's, before you do, check written documentation, many video's are lacking in the details needed to make safe changes to your machine

Last edited:
If I understand what you are looking for, then it is very simple.

From Terminal:

Code:
sudo nano -m /etc/default/grub

In the nano editor, you can click your mouse on the start of the word

quiet

change it to

noquiet

Then the same to

splash

to become

nosplash

To save and exit

Ctrl-x
y
enter

From GUI:

Open your File Manager (Nemo if using Cinnamon)

Navigate to /etc/default/grub and right-click to open as Root, then make the same changes.

To complete the exercise for either, in Terminal

Code:
sudo update-grub

and then reboot

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Here's a perfect example of why you shouldn't take notice of some people on YouTube...

Staff online

Members online