Having trouble installing Kali on laptop. Please help!

supermariomaker24

Reaction score
Credits
Hello there, as the title says, I am having trouble installing kali onto my laptop (HP omen). I am attempting to dual boot with windows 10, I have done this installation process plenty of times on VMs and my other laptop, but for some reason, when I go through the installation process on this particular laptop, it installs all the way through, and then when I remove the USB from my laptop after the installation is finished, it boot me straight back to windows. It also gives me an error when I try to reinstall it again. The error says

"Failed to partition disk because lack of free space or too small"​

which isn't true because I have nearly 156 gb of unallocated space specifically for Kali. Not sure where to go from here, I know I'm doing this all correctly, as I have done this a milion times. Secure boot is disabled, boot order is correct in BIOS settings, everything I can think of is correct, yet no matter how many times I "successfully" install it, it just goes straight to windows, and even if I leave the USB in to boot into Grub, it forces me to reinstall again and go through the installation process as if I've never done it.

Have you read all the information on multi booting with windows?????
Before you try to install any Linux, go to the BOIOS and disable both windows quick-start [fast-boot] and windows secure boot, and do a full power re-start

For what it's worth, you'll most likely continue having problems. Every dual boot seems to go the same way at some point.

Members online