Solved Help Please? Kali Linux OpenVAS Setup Errors: "No such file or directory:/var/lib/gvm/data-objects/gvmd" and "no space left on device"-[ErrNo: 28, 2]

Solved issue

taiyo

Reaction score
Credits
I am going through the bumpiest road trying to install and setup OpenVAS on Kali Linux 2023. I am using it off of a 32GB Jump Drive and I need to have OpenVAS for a major class project. I have gotten all the way to the end of the setup and I am left with a few major errors:

rsync: mkstemp '/var/lib/openvas/plugins/2012/.gv_mozilla_prdts_ipv6_lateral_syntax_info_disc_vuln_macosx.nasl.9cPkv3' failed: No space left on device (28)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1835)

It continued with the setup by downloading more data until it gave me the "FileNotFoundError No such file or directory:" error for the file/directory of "/var/lib/gvm/data-objects/gvmd/22.04" and "/var/lib/gvm/data-objects/gvmd"

At the end of the setup I was met with "OSError [Errno 28] No space left on device: '/var/lib/gvm/data-objects'.

I have looked up these errors and couldn't find any fixes that were in the recent years or that didn't have anything to do with expanding my partition. I have tried emptying my recycling bin but for some reason it was unable to delete those files. Can anybody help me?

Hi :) I am having this same issue, were you able to resolve?

Members online

Latest posts