Help with booting

Usurper

Reaction score
Credits
Hello. I am a newer linux user. I tried switching from Ubuntu to Manjaro today since Ubuntu didn't seem to have my wifi adapter. I deleted the system partitian hoping I would be redirected to my USB boot screen, but instead, it is indefinitely stuck. Every time I boot it up, it is stuck on the ASUS screen and pressing any keys is completely useless. Anyone know what's going on?

If a wi-fi addaptor dosnt work out the box on the likes of Ubuntu , then it is unlikely to work out of the box on other versions of Linux, there are a few [mainly Realteck that you have to install ]
When you installed Ubuntu did yo tick the box to install non free/proprietary drivers?
as for your other problem sounds like an install error of some sort

try booting up from cold and immediately hit esc or F8 key and see if yo ucan get to boot menu.

I normally find if i boot a linux os from say ventoy and the live OS finds & works with my laptop wifi card then so far , it does when the os is installed on the hd as well

Hello and welcome to Linux. I'm not sure exactly what you did why did you delete the system partition?
You must have deleted the boot info also. Can you get the machine to boot from a live usb?
If so it's just a matter of a new install. And there are a few wifi cards that require proprietary drivers realtek and broadcom being two of the than they can be made to work, but it takes a little effort.
So tell us what your trying to do. Give as much detail as possible. about your Machine. We may be able to help. Most distros have install guides also. and you should read them for the distro you choose.