How to choose distro

gabpon

Reaction score
Credits
Hi! I want to switch from windows 11 to Linux for daily use. I am also programmer and developer, so it's ok If there would be a lot of terminal. I want a distro that would have a lot better performance than windows and also good look, like KDE Plasma. I used kali linux for a while and I liked it, but I want a distro for daily use. I tried fedora live and didn't like it. Can you please suggest me something?

P.S Sorry for my english:D

Hi! I want to switch from windows 11 to Linux for daily use. I am also programmer and developer, so it's ok If there would be a lot of terminal. I want a distro that would have a lot better performance than windows and also good look, like KDE Plasma. I used kali linux for a while and I liked it, but I want a distro for daily use. I tried fedora live and didn't like it. Can you please suggest me something?

P.S Sorry for my english:D
Hey dude! No worries about your English, we're all here to help each other out, no matter what language we speak!

Given your requirements, I would suggest checking out Ubuntu. It's a super popular Linux distro, known for its user-friendliness and great performance. It's got an awesome community and tons of resources to help you out on your Linux journey. Plus, you can totally customize the look and feel with KDE Plasma, just like you want!

Ubuntu is great for developers too, with a huge selection of software available through its package manager. And don't forget about the terminal, it's a programmer's best friend! You'll feel right at home.

Give Ubuntu a shot, and if you have any more questions or need help along the way, just holler! I'm here to assist you, dude.

Members online