How to update openssh last version?

soolan

Reaction score
Credits
Hello

Can I upgrade openssh version to openssh 9.3 using tar.gz file? When I try to install using the rpm package, it warns about the depended packages?

You don't need to upgrade to the latest ssh version because you are using a RHEL clone and the version installed on RHEL still gets backported security patches.

You don't need to upgrade to the latest ssh version because you are using a RHEL clone and the version installed on RHEL still gets backported security patches.
Thank you for the information. I have a lack of knowledge about this. I don't quite understand why I shouldn't upgrade. Is there a resource on this? Or where can I get control?

You don't seem to understand what RHEL is? Red Hat does back-port security fixes on all the software from the RHEL repos and all the updates and security patches come from RHEL, the whole idea of using RHEL is that you get 10 years of support for each major version of RHEL not to be using the latest software of everything.
Do you even understand how software management works under Linux with a package manager? You don't need to upgrade software from source because when there are needed updates available including security patches they will be available through the sources of the distribution you are running.

You don't seem to understand what RHEL is? Red Hat does back-port security fixes on all the software from the RHEL repos and all the updates and security patches come from RHEL, the whole idea of using RHEL is that you get 10 years of support for each major version of RHEL not to be using the latest software of everything.
Do you even understand how software management works under Linux with a package manager? You don't need to upgrade software from source because when there are needed updates available including security patches they will be available through the sources of the distribution you are running.
If I understand correctly, the servers I manage cannot access the RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) package servers, so I am using manual methods to get updates and upgrade packages.

If I understand correctly, the servers I manage cannot access the RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) package servers, so I am using manual methods to get updates and upgrade packages.
Then you should using something like Satellite or The Foreman running which sync the RHEL or Oracle Linux repos and then your clients connect to that to retrieve their updates. Updating every piece of software on RHEL or a RHEL clone by compiling and installing it manually is just plain stupid and inefficient and it goes against what RHEL stands for and is meant to be and Red Hat and Oracle will not support it, you might as well not use RHEL(or clone) then but another distribution.

Staff online