I completely forgot to mention that 23.10's code name is out...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I thought I'd made this thread a few days ago. I discovered that I didn't make the thread when I just looked through my history.

For those that don't know, Ubuntu uses a code name for each version. The last one was Lunar Lobster, so the next one will follow the M___ M___ format. I was kinda hoping for Monkish Mink, but I don't actually know how to suggest code names and, besides, nobody ever listens to me.

Instead, the code name for Ubuntu 23.10 (that is the release coming out in October of 2023) is Mantic Minotaur. So, I guess it's a prophetic mythical beast that has the head of a bull on the body of a man (typically a very large man, 'cause having a bull head would require some effort). If you recall your Minoan history, you'll know of their love for bulls. You might also recall Minos (son of Zeus and king of Crete) and his labyrinth.

Anyhow, I digress... I do love me some mythology, and not just the Greeks. The key point of this article is to let you know that not only is 23.10 out, you'll find that the official Ubuntu flavors are no longer getting official support for 20.04.

This is why I was trying to find this thread and why I learned that I didn't create the thread like I thought I did.

As of a few days ago, official Ubuntu Flavor's support has ended for 20.04. You still have time, the servers are still up, to do a simple in-place upgrade. You might want to take care of that ASAP. If you use Ubuntu itself, you still have two years to go and then there's extended support available.

Members online