I do believe winter is officially here...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
The area I live in doesn't much care about your calendars and the weather does what it wants to do. One of the reasons I opted to live here is the weather. I realize that my preferences are different than what might be considered 'normal', but I love the snow. The cold doesn't really bother me and I prefer temperatures other folks would find chilly. I'm okay with this, obviously. My 'net access is spotty today. It was more or less completely out of service last night.

For your viewing pleasure:

I feel obligated to mention that, in an effort to ensure full disclosure, I have a financial interest in the property you'll be viewing if you click said link.

Also, they're having website issues. There are multiple trails open and at least a few lifts were operating the other day. I no longer ski or snowboard, though I'd like to do some. I do not want to risk reinjuring my femur.

It's white here but only about 3.5" and wet snow. Will be gone in a few days I'm sure. Ah the sunny South of Maine :)

It's white here but only about 3.5" and wet snow. Will be gone in a few days I'm sure. Ah the sunny South of Maine :)

I got just under a foot here, also very heavy and wet. They got less down in the village. I'm at a higher elevation and that can make a considerable difference here in this part of Maine.

A quick check of the forecast, I don't foresee any rapid melting here. The forecast calls for some warmer temperatures this weekend, but also calls for more snow. Of course, who knows how accurate those forecasts are?

Mains power is still in the 'occasional flicker' territory, but power remains on. CMP seems to think I'm without power, or close by is without power, but it's on at my house and I haven't heard any reports of lines down on the radio.

I got just under a foot here, also very heavy and wet. They got less down in the village. I'm at a higher elevation and that can make a considerable difference here in this part of Maine.

A quick check of the forecast, I don't foresee any rapid melting here. The forecast calls for some warmer temperatures this weekend, but also calls for more snow. Of course, who knows how accurate those forecasts are?

Mains power is still in the 'occasional flicker' territory, but power remains on. CMP seems to think I'm without power, or close by is without power, but it's on at my house and I haven't heard any reports of lines down on the radio.
Be safe!
Supposed to get back up in 40's down here starting tomorrow. So as I said will mostly melt.

Be safe!
Supposed to get back up in 40's down here starting tomorrow. So as I said will mostly melt.

I was out playing around in it today, but I had the plow truck out. (My plow truck is essentially a luxury RAM 3500 'cause I expect it to last the rest of my life.) I played around in 2WD a bit, but the sander in the back makes that a risky proposition. I'm very impressed with the truck, for the record. It is going on its 3rd season and I expect it to be problem-free. Yes, yes the seat does heat and massage my bum while I plow. It's pretty much the best winter toy ever, outside of a decent snowmobile.

Yes here too on Saturday but it's 40c which is over 100F.
t3603.gif

Yes here too on Saturday but it's 40c which is over 100F.
t3603.gif

Tomorrow's high temp is going to be about -1.5° C.

It amuses me when the temperature is 0. It means I have zero temp, none temp! I'm easily amused.

We'll meet at -40°. That's when it's the same in F as it is in C. I won't hit that low temperature often, but it's likely that I will. I'll hit that temperature more often if you account for windchill.

We got some snow earlier in the day today, but not enough to stick.

Though I've been working from home for a couple of weeks and do not get out in it. I will be in the office the next two days though. No snow predicted though. (good, since I have to drive)

<-- Envious.

I had lived in New York metropolitan area for at least 15 years and never had a white Christmas Day. Yet it could snow as late as Passover. (scratch head)

We got some snow earlier in the day today, but not enough to stick.

I have rain coming next week which will kill off my snow, more or less.

The mountain will still be able to make snow.

<-- Envious.

I love the snow. It's easier to love snow when you have the time and equipment to deal with it easily. I have all the cold weather gear, a plow truck, and even a tractor. I also have a snowblower and a snowblower that hooks onto an ATV. So, I don't actually use a shovel very much.

I wish winter was here where I am...I was wrong today Saturday is not going to be 40c...it's 44c which is 112F...the hottest day in 4 years.
t2340.gif

I used to live in the south, which got pretty hot. I've adapted to the cold now and I'd melt at those higher temperatures.

Members online