I fired my Fedora and /boot/efi

Blainelinu2

Reaction score
Credits
Hello friends. I fired my Fedora and /boot/efi as tragially. I'm currently in live debian desktop over USB stick. How can I recover my Linux Desktop?

1719088052513.png

A few questions before I can help you. Details are needed:-

Does the Fedora installation boot up to the desktop?
Or> do you just have a grub prompt with an all black screen?

And do you still have the Fedora .iso?

A few questions before I can help you. Details are needed:-

Does the Fedora installation boot up to the desktop?
Or> do you just have a grub prompt with an all black screen?

And do you still have the Fedora .iso?
I have only grub screen. That's the GRUB2 Minimal BASH-like screen. I have only Debian-live GNOME iso for use gparted.

I have only grub screen. That's the GRUB2 Minimal BASH-like screen. I have only Debian-live GNOME iso for use gparted.
I'm pretty sure that you won't be able reinstall Grub for Fedora with a Debian Live session.
Fedora uses the dnf command to reinstall Grub2. Debian doesn't use dnf.

It's been my experience with Fedora to be able fix what you have going on, you'll need a Live Fedora Session.
Additionally, you'll have to chroot into the broken Fedora system.

An alternative to the above instructions......would be to perform a fresh install of Fedora.

Boot the machine using your Debian Live CD.

Open a terminal.

Find out the name of the internal disk by using fdisk to look up the device's size.
For example:

sudo fdisk -l

Install GRUB boot loader onto the proper disk - it should not matter what the OS since you are using a Debian Live is just the location of the grub (the example below assumes it is /dev/sda):

sudo grub-install --recheck --no-floppy --root-directory=/ /dev/sda

looks like you have a warning label on /dev/nvme0n1p1- if that is where your grub is then just substitute /dev/sda with dev/nvme0n1p1 - you just have to know exactly where your corrupted grub is located or else you may install it in the wrong place

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that you won't be able reinstall Grub for Fedora with a Debian Live session.
Fedora uses the dnf command to reinstall Grub2. Debian doesn't use dnf.

It's been my experience with Fedora to be able fix what you have going on, you'll need a Live Fedora Session.
Additionally, you'll have to chroot into the broken Fedora system.

An alternative to the above instructions......would be to perform a fresh install of Fedora.
Thanks for answer. I have made fresh Fedora install.

Thanks for answer. I have made fresh Fedora install.
You're welcome.
How's your fresh installation going?

In the future you can use Debian Live to restore Grub. Our member, @GatorsFan confirmed it.

Sometimes I forget the things I've learned.

You're welcome.
How's your fresh installation going?

In the future you can use Debian Live to restore Grub. Our member, @GatorsFan confirmed it.

Sometimes I forget the things I've learned.
You ain't the only one - :eek:

Members online